Round 2 of the Queensland Government’s digital grant will open on 8 March 2017.
It is a matched grant of up to $10,000 for eligible businesses to purchase hardware, software and services (eg. digital coaching).
The business must show that the digital technology/services will enhance the digital capabilities of their business and help them be more competitive and employ staff.
The digital technology/service must fall under one of four identified priority areas:
1. Content development (webpages, mobile apps, visual and audio media etc);
2. Receiving payments or selling online;
3. Specialised digital technology or software (business specific)
4. Digital planning, marketing strategy development, and training.
To be eligible, your business must:
* have fewer than 20 employees at the time of applying for the grant
* have an ABN and be registered for GST
* have a Queensland headquarters or significant Queensland-based operations
* have a turnover of $2 million or less in the last 12 calendar months.
Some of the areas NOT funded include:
* Fees for services provided by a related party
* Franchise fees or related costs
* Maintenance of existing digital technologies, including website hosting or maintenance
* SEO, Google AdWords, Facebook advertising or similar expenses
* Subscriptions, including could (software) services.
For more information, go to: https://www.business.qld.gov.au/starting-business/advice-support/grants/digital-grants
DISCLAIMER: The information in this article is general in nature and is not a substitute for professional advice. Accordingly, neither TJN Accountants nor any member or employee of TJN Accountants accepts any responsibility for any loss, however caused, as a result of reliance on this general information. We recommend that our formal advice be sought before acting in any of the areas. The article is issued as a helpful guide to clients and for their private information. Therefore it should be regarded as confidential and not be made available to any person without our consent,
Jeanette has over 20 years experience as an accountant in public practice. She is a Chartered Accountant, registered tax agent and accredited SMSF Association advisor. When she is not helping business owners grow their empires, you will likely find her out running on the trails or lifting weights in her local CrossFit gym. Book in to see Jeanette today.