Small Business – $5,000 Business Basics Grant – Round 4
The Queensland Government have recently announced the fourth round of the Business Basics Grant to help Queensland small businesses continue to recover and grow.
The Business Basics Grant provides up to $5,000 to help businesses increase core skills and adopt best practice.
The grant will fund activities from one of the following priorities:
- Training and coaching (including business development, marketing, HR or business planning topics)
- Website build or upgrades (including developing new website content, adding e-commerce)
- Professional business advice (including business plans)
- Strategic marketing advice (including search engine optimisation advice)
- Business continuity and succession planning (including cyber-safety training and tools)
The grant will not fund the following:
- Activities bought using cryptocurrencies, barter, or services in-kind;
- General operating expenses;
- Real estate/property, hire, lease or rental fees;
- Goods, services or fees from related parties;
- Franchise fees;
- Purchase of stock;
- GST, registration and fees;
- Maintenance of existing digital technologies;
- Computer hardware;
- Other hardware/devices/equipment (eg. televisions, EFTPOS, card and chip readers);
- Activities purchased through direct selling (eg. by party plan or network marketing);
- Delivery, credit card and transaction fees;
- Memberships and joining fees;
- Website Hosting;
- Implementation of marketing tactics such as advertising, direct marketing (eg. telemarketing) or campaign delivery (eg. Google AdWords, Facebook advertising or similar expense).
To be eligible for the grant, your businesses must:
- not have been approved for funding under Round 1, 2 or 3 of this Grant;
- have fewer than 20 employees at the time of applying for the grant (by headcount);
- have an active ABN and be registered for GST;
- have a Queensland headquarters;
- have a turnover of $300,000 or less in the current financial year;
- not be insolvent or have owners/directors that are an undischarged bankrupt.
Your business must also maintain this eligibility for the duration of the grant funded activity.
Grants will be awarded through a two-stage process (which is different to the previous rounds of the grant). Businesses can register their interest to apply by completing an online form (which collects basic business information). Businesses will then be selected by a ballot to submit a full application. This will ensure that all small businesses have equal and fair opportunity to register their interest at any time once registrations open.
- Funding available: up to $5,000
- Registration of Interest (ROI) Opens: 24 November 2022 (closes 5 December 2022)
- Full Applications Open: 12 December 2022 (selected ROI applicants only)
To apply (and for more details) go to: https://www.business.qld.gov.au/starting-business/advice-support/grants/business-basics-grant
Jeanette has over 20 years experience as an accountant in public practice. She is a Chartered Accountant, registered tax agent and accredited SMSF Association advisor. When she is not helping business owners grow their empires, you will likely find her out running on the trails or lifting weights in her local CrossFit gym. Book in to see Jeanette today.