Round 2 of the Queensland Government’s digital grant will open on 8 March 2017.
It is a matched grant of up to $10,000 for eligible businesses to purchase hardware, software and services (eg. digital coaching).
The business must show that the digital technology/services will enhance the digital capabilities of their business and help them be more competitive and employ staff.
The digital technology/service must fall under one of four identified priority areas:
1. Content development (webpages, mobile apps, visual and audio media etc);
2. Receiving payments or selling online;
3. Specialised digital technology or software (business specific)
4. Digital planning, marketing strategy development, and training.
To be eligible, your business must:
* have fewer than 20 employees at the time of applying for the grant
* have an ABN and be registered for GST
* have a Queensland headquarters or significant Queensland-based operations
* have a turnover of $2 million or less in the last 12 calendar months.
Some of the areas NOT funded include:
* Fees for services provided by a related party
* Franchise fees or related costs
* Maintenance of existing digital technologies, including website hosting or maintenance
* SEO, Google AdWords, Facebook advertising or similar expenses
* Subscriptions, including could (software) services.
For more information, go to: https://www.business.qld.gov.au/starting-business/advice-support/grants/digital-grants
DISCLAIMER: The information in this article is general in nature and is not a substitute for professional advice. Accordingly, neither TJN Accountants nor any member or employee of TJN Accountants accepts any responsibility for any loss, however caused, as a result of reliance on this general information. We recommend that our formal advice be sought before acting in any of the areas. The article is issued as a helpful guide to clients and for their private information. Therefore it should be regarded as confidential and not be made available to any person without our consent,